A great contributing factor to an ecommerce website’s ability to perform well is it’s visibility in the SERP (search engine results page). For people unaware of a company’s brand name, it is imperative that your website is able to rank for particular product names and other keywords related to your website.
Product pages are a key part of your website that should be targeted when creating and implementing an SEO campaign. The following suggestions are highly recommended initial ways of enabling your products to rank well on search engines.
Search Engine Optimisation For Product Pages
- Have the product name/keyword included in the URL. E.g. http://exampleurl.com/product-A/ This is much more search engine friendly than a URL filled with product ID numbers. However you must be aware of the potential need for a cononicalisation tag if you have category based pages and end up having multiple URLs for the same product page that falls under more than one category.
- Make sure your title tag is optimised with the product name and other relevant keywords. Search engines consider this an important element, unlike the meta description. However the meta description still holds the power to attract clicks. Include your keyword in a description that is sure to entice readers to click onto your website.
- Feature the product name/keyword for image file names and ALT tags. The ALT tag simply describes the image to search engines which enables them to rank their image search results more effectively.
- Get creative with your search engine optimisation and feature video content on your product page, showing tutorials, adverts etc relating to the product. As Google own YouTube, they are now more greatly taking video content into consideration when producing rankings.
- Where appropriate, internally link to your product pages. For example if it is mentioned in a blog. Excessive internal linking can hurt your ability to rank, but when done correctly it can help build the authority of that product page and boost sales as visitors on one section of your website can be directed to another whilst shopping.
SEO Junkies Ready To Help You Increase Rankings and Revenue
With the implementation of a professional SEO campaign, ecommerce websites can attract a larger amount of more relevant traffic to their product pages which can result in higher conversions and increased revenue.
To make an enquiry on the services available for you, including SEO campaigns and SEO training; contact SEO Junkies today.
Telephone: 0845 373 0595 Email: email@example.com
If you would like to link to this blog then please copy and paste the HTML code below into your website.