B2B websites differ in their conversion rates from B2C due to the longer buying cycle. Successful SEO however, can improve these conversion rates and, as such, the focus of B2B SEO has shifted towards conversion optimisation.
How Can B2B SEO Improve Conversion Rates?
Depending on what industry your business is operating in, a conversion can mean different things. For some it can mean a sale, but for others it can mean a download, a phone call or signing up to an email subscription service. For whatever definition of a conversion your B2B site has, conversion optimisation is still the name of the game. Here are some key steps that should be taken into account in order to improve conversion rates for B2B businesses.
- Using Analytics – Analytics are an excellent tool for understanding how your website is performing. Monitor website performance and metrics using programmes such as Google Analytics or WebTrends in order to under traffic, conversions and how to improve them.
- Incorporate SEO In A Website’s Design – SEO should be considered at every stage when designing a B2B website. The user experience, content creation, sitemap and other elements should all be compliant with the best SEO practices in order to increase conversions on site.
- Focus On Usability – If a website is difficult to navigate, cluttered or generally a mess, it will drive users away and conversion rates will suffer. Today’s search engine algorithms reward usability, rather than stuffing a website full of keywords and Meta descriptions. Working UX into an SEO strategy should be a priority for a B2B website.
- Tailoring Content – As with SEO, one of the keys to conversion optimisation is quality content. Your content should be tailored to meet the specific needs of a website’s key users ensuring it is easy to read and engaging. Google’s Hummingbird update and the increase in conversational search, means that websites should ask and answer user’s queries. Great for SEO, this is also extremely beneficial for driving up conversion rates.
- Keep Rankings – A well constructed SEO campaign should yield competitive search engine rankings. However, to keep rankings, it is often necessary to regularly make small tweaks and adjustments to websites. Analytics are an excellent tool for monitoring what needs to be changed to keep rankings high.
A robust SEO campaign will definitely help to increase your B2B website’s conversion rates. However, it is worth noting that many B2B websites do not experience first time conversions for users. That isn’t to say they won’t convert. Indeed, a strong B2B website that upholds SEO will often result in users returning a second time, converting into a buyer.
Conversion Optimisers Can Help You Increase Conversion Rates
If you feel that your website could benefit from conversion optimisation, get in touch with our conversion optimisers here at SEO Junkies. We are dedicated to improving conversion rates for both B2B and B2C businesses and have a wealth of knowledge and experience to help achieve this.
If you would like to found out more about how our SEO services can help improve conversion rates, then please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, give us a call on 0845 373 0595 or use our dedicated contact form.
If you would like to link to this blog then please copy and paste the HTML code below into your website.