SEO specialists often stress the importance of a high click through rate (CTR). With a strong CTR, your website or PPC (pay per click) advert will receive an excellent quality score. If you have a high Quality Score you can maintain or improve your advert position for less, or enjoy improved SEO success. The click through rate is the rate at which your PPC (pay-per-click) ads are clicked on.
Tips On How You Can Improve Your Click Through Rate
- Your Ranking On Search Engines Result Pages - if you have a high ranking in the search results page it is more likely that users will see your website and click on it. It’s therefore fair to say that increasing your position in the search engine results can increase your click through rate.
- The Title Tags – A title can greatly affect whether or not a user will click onto your site. Poor titles, and title tags, can put off potential customers so ensure you’re following best practices. Your title tag needs to be less than 65 characters; otherwise Google will shorten the title cutting out keywords. Make sure your title tags are relevant to the landing page too so customers know exactly where they’re going! Meta
- Description - This is the summary that will appear on the search engine results page under the title tag. This is essentially a summary of the content of an ad or web page, which can greatly influence a user’s decision to click on your site. For best practice, ensure your meta descriptions are up to 154 characters in length, contain a call to action and be relevant to your ad or site!
- URL – SEO specialists advise that you adjust your URL snippets to be cleaner while providing context to queries in the SERPs. For example, if the user searched for a film, such as The Matrix, on a search engine, sites that might come up could include Amazon which would have the URL amazon.co.uk/thematrix. This would allow the user to clearly see that the website has what they are looking for and this link will take the user straight to it with no hassle.
- Rich Snippets – Rich snippets are little bits of information related to the content of a webpage, such as star ratings, review scores and so on. Including these in your ad, or web page description, can demonstrate authority and reassures customers that your website is exactly the right one for them.
Improve Your Click Through Rates With The SEO Specialists At SEO Junkies
To learn more about how your click through rates can be improved, or to enjoy amazing search engine optimisation, give our SEO specialists at SEO Junkies a call today. We have a wealth of knowledge when it comes to all online marketing techniques and can help you achieve the results you deserve. To learn more, give us a call today on 0845 373 0595 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to link to this blog then please copy and paste the HTML code below into your website.