Twitter has more than 320 million users, and there is no doubt that it remains one of the most active social media sites in the world. There is also no doubt in our minds that it is an extremely good marketing tool for all kinds of businesses and organisations. Whether you are a previously established business, or you’re only just starting out on your exciting journey, this social media platform can play and extremely crucial role in your marketing strategy.
Of course, the mistake that most businesses make is that they approach social media marketing with the attitude that it will be quick and easy. This can lead to a range of mistakes which can truly have the opposite effect of good SM marketing and, instead of attracting and retaining customers, work to offend customers and alienate prospects.
1. Not Having A Twitter Marketing Strategy – As businesses so often think that social media will be an extremely easy marketing avenue, they rarely bother to create a well-thought out strategy beforehand. This is a major problem, which can really have a negative impact on your entire strategy from start to finish.
When it comes to long-term advertising through social media, you need to ensure that you set goals, work on your analytics, and always understand your strengths and weaknesses. The ideal situation for many businesses is the hope that one of their Tweets will go viral, but you can’t afford to sit around and just hope that all others will. You need to have a plan in place, or else you’ll end up being seen as a one-hit wonder; if you’re remembered at all.
When it comes time to form your strategy, try to think outside the box, rather than just copying the ideas of similar businesses and brands. Work out long-term and short-term campaigns, each with their own goals, and record the metrics for constant improvement and campaign evaluation. It is important that your Twitter strategy is dedicated to allowing you to make the most out of your account and ensuring that your social media presence arrives at its full potential.
Understand the wants, needs and interests of your target audience, and create a completely personal and dedicated advertising strategy.
2. Overselling Their Brand – Although many marketers don’t agree, it seems, it is certainly possible to oversell your brand identity. Most marketers who specialise in other areas tend to forget that social media management is completely different. Rather than focus on obtaining followers, it is better to spend your time creating relationships with people.
One of the biggest mistakes to make when it comes to Twitter marketing is to focus, completely, on your brand identity. It is an important part of your overall online presence, of course it is, but it can’t be everything.
The most successful marketers not only work to share their brand’s message, but they concentrate on building unique and personal relationships with their community. To ensure that your brand doesn’t become the entirety of your marketing campaign, make sure to litter your posting schedule with community engagement posts, or 3rd-part articles.
3. Ignoring Feedback – Despite its clear suitability for this purpose, most marketing specialists don’t use Twitter to understand and reply to customer feedback. The customer’s experience is everything in modern advertising, and you need to monitor and respond to feedback if you want to ensure that your fans become loyal customers.
Whether the feedback is positive or negative, remember to engage in the best possible manner to nurture the relationship. Ignoring customer, or potential customer, comments on social media is even worse than ignoring their emails, simply because these posts are visible to anyone and everyone interested in your business.
Put aside any fears or concerns you might have, and engage with all of your followers in an honest and open manner. Even if the feedback is negative, responding to it in a tactful manner can act as great marketing!
4. Buying Followers – Now, most people know to avoid buying their followers. Many new marketing specialists tend to buy a few followers in order to give their social media a great kick-start. However, it is much better to have 100 active followers, who are regularly interacting with you, than it is to have 100,000 followers who don’t recognise and aren’t interested in your brand.
Remember that quality always overrides quantity and focus on relationships and people, rather than numbers.
5. Using Hashtags Incorrectly – Twitter hashtags are a great way to create visibility for your brand and showcase exactly what it has to offer. Using too many hashtags, however, becoming incredibly annoying and can really deter customers from interacting with you.
Hashtags can really help to expand the reach of your tweets and help you to get more followers. Remember that, ideally, you want no more than 2 hashtags per tweet, as this can make any tweet look spam-like and irritating.
Here at SEO Junkies, we can provide industry-leading social media marketing, with the goal of increasing brand awareness and improving community interaction. Twitter is one of the most valuable forms of interactive social media available today, and no business can afford to miss out on the powerful advantages that it can provide.
We also offer a diverse range of SEO marketing services to provide wide-ranging benefits to any type of business. For more information, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our team today on 0845 373 0595; alternatively, you can email any concerns that you might have to email@example.com.
If you would like to link to this blog then please copy and paste the HTML code below into your website.