Every business that has an online presence should employ search engine optimisation (SEO) techniques. If you want your business to grow, you need to rank on the first pages of the major search engines. In 2010, statistics showed that 75% of people never look further than the first page of a search engine.
SEO Tips To Get You Started With Your Website Optimisation
SEO specialists from SEO Junkies want to share some tips on how to get you started on your search engine optimisation.
- Analyse traffic. Use tools like Google Analytics to analyse where your website stands. It will give you useful statistics on the strategies that work and where you need to improve.
- Keywords. Analyse what keywords people use to find your website, products, or services. Once you know what the optimal keyword is, use it throughout your content, URLs, image names, and titles. Remember to include keywords in the title tag and page header. Do not overdo this as it can be viewed as spam – use keywords strategically throughout your website.
- Links. An easy way to boost traffic is through internal linking. When creating new content, make sure to include links to other relevant content on your website.
- Sitemap. Make a sitemap and submit it to search engines (there are some online tools that will create a sitemap for you). A sitemap shows crawlers where to go on the page and how often to go there.
- Friendly URLs. By naming your URLs with appropriate keywords you will make them more search-engine-friendly.
- Use text instead of images. While flash and Ajax might look pretty, they don’t do anything to optimise your website. Try using text instead to make it easier for search engines to index your page.
- Quality content. The main purpose of search engines is to allow people to find what they are looking for. That’s why many websites have suffered when applying shady techniques to get better rankings. If you want your website to rank high in search engines, constantly update your website. Add new quality content with appropriate keywords and make it easy for people to share. Once you understand the importance of good content, your rankings will improve.
- Social media. SEO specialists strongly advise you to share your content on social media platforms. An active presence on social networks will create a more approachable image for your company and encourage interaction. This will also increase the amount of people who will see your content.
- Links to other pages. Establishing a relationship with other websites might be beneficial to both parties. However, you have to make sure the other website is trustworthy and has a good reputation, or your rankings could suffer.
- Speed. Internet users are very impatient; with so much information available they are not going to wait for your website to load. Use online tools to test your website speed. Make your website easy to browse and allow users to quickly find what they are looking for.
Even though you can learn a lot from these tips, they are only the starting point to improving your website rankings. Do you want experts to take a look at your website?
For more information please contact SEO Junkies. email: email@example.com or call: 0118 380 0203